Monday, April 10, 2006

Fighting Heat

Summer.
Not the burns that cauterize the skin due to the sun^s direct shot of ultraviolet rays. I^m talking about classes.
Comparative Anatomy. Yes, the cat dissection.

***
Finally. I^m on the brink of graduating on time with my ^technical^ batchmates. I^m bizarrely excited to start going to school again, considering the fact that I^m yet to take up one of the hardest major subjects in my course and in all curriculums of my university combined.

I called up Nikki last night through landline, and I was going all emotional -- teary and all -- after receiving a text from my mom. Her message:
How much money do you need for IIDC and to survive the remaining days of training?
I was moved beyond possible utterance. Not because I needed the money, but something highly more than that. My mom always understood how I loved to debate, to write, and to go crazy over useless things. A few significant things my dad never really had an open mind on.

Silly. Although I was not able to reply to her message because I was in pathetic load crisis, my gratitude was sky-scraping.
Thinking it over during mass last night, I still do not want to ask money from my mom because I know she still has a lot of things to worry about. And I^d rather see her money get spent on necessities than on my dreams. And I mean that on a practical standpoint, not on a dramatic tone. I understand her situation more now compared before. Currently, it^d be best not to think of myself. Maybe I should visit her on Wednesday after enrollment. My dad^s girlfriend is being such a tapeworm in my brain.
Yes, migraine cause. Another fictional character in the scene.

Every time I try to open up the subject of Law with my dad, he grumbles about it being an unreasonable course for me to take up after Biology (
a big duh, one of my fellow debaters, Julius, is now going to take up Law after graduating from Biology -- it^s an even better training ground that Political Science, mind you
.). I felt really lonely last night. Really unusual. I^ve never felt that melancholy for a while now -- with all the things I needed to take care of. I^m surprised at how I was able to survive the past week with only enough money for transportation expenses. My pocket was sagging with filthy air and nothing more.

The next thing I^d have to worry about now would be AUDC (Asians University Debating Championship). Yes, international tournaments, *yumyum*.
And I don^t know how to squeeze it in my schedule for summer classes. Pecto told me that I could, perhaps, talk to the dean and tell him that he^d better excuse me from class because I^ll be representing the university (
and the Philippines). Hrmm, that is assuming I^m getting through the very tough try-outs (and that I have that much influence to sway the dean^s conviction).

So much for ranting. And shall always be ranting.
More and more of it.
Just sickening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey mavs, haven't been reading ur blogs lately so imagine my surprise upon reading ur latest entries... dang it! im so proud of and happy for you... sobrang WOAH (kowtow kowtow). im utterly impressed.. beyond words :) i do hope ur dad can see what other ppl do see in you.. and haha kinda envy na u have a mom who really supports you and cares :) forgive me for my lack of originality when i say..."keep it up" mavs :) smile! - who else? yep.. ts me.. :p