Saturday, April 15, 2006

Honestly Awake

Tired. I haven't been getting a good amount of sleep these days (or like I was having one before).
A lot of bad news, or sad news, as I may label most of them.
Where to start?

Hrmm. I'm not enrolling for summer class after all. My dad, after hearing some of my shameless backstabbing about his current girlfriend, had a fit and decided not to pay for my summer tuition anymore. See how absurd his logic is?
Anyhow, I went to Makati (
with Kat
) last Monday to scout for job openings in call centers. I saw Pecto in Convergys -- he's on OJT. Application was sucky. Convergys and Teleperformance wanted me for full time, and although the offer was really, really good, I had to turn them down. Well, aside from the bond, they're encouraging me to stop schooling first. Imagine, the flabbergasted look on my face. Anyhow, People Support and Etelecare still have no part time openings as well, but the good thing there, they promised to give me call as soon as there's a free shift.

So, I'm off to my mom's place for the entire summer so my dad wouldn't know I'm working. Of course being the senile person that he almost is, he'll surely make a big fuss out of it. "So, you think you can be independent now, do you? Then go pay for your own schooling fees." Really, I find my dad very interesting sometimes.

Sigh. And lastly, news says my section will be dissolved this coming year. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they're just unreliable hearsays and rumors. Mhye says there's no way in hell that'll happen.


But on the enlightening side, the book review section for the journal is now under the English Literary team. That means, more work, and at the same time, more fun. Atleast I have more reasons to push me to read now. I remember sleeping in the middle of Robert Langdon's journey in Angels and Demons. Maybe with all the pending responsibilities, I've also given up joyous pastimes.

I'm currently in an internet cafe, and am all dressed up for debate training in Kuya Mok's place (TDC). Kuya Tope (senior member) will also be there, so you guys just wish me luck.
Oh, and tomorrow, I'm off to PLDT and West to apply... again.

No comments: