Friday, June 09, 2006

Record-breaking

I hate record stores here in the Philippines.
Not only do they have incomplete labels and albums in their inventory, but they rarely ship in good music.
Take for example this awesome compilation of Emo Rock songs, Punk Goes Acoustic, which I'm dying to get my hands on right now. Yes, count that in my birthday wishlist (...and this is an old, old collection by the way. Have been rummaging through stores for this for almost a year).
Unerringly why you cannot blame the countless individuals who patronize download softwares in the Internet. Because the idea of good music is not about authenticity, it's all about veracity.

***
This is one of those hellish, perturbed days I completely loathe.
Needing money to pay our Meralco bill, I had to scavenge for big money bills from my debate orgmates in Science. And well, sweetly, they didn't think twice of helping me out (yes, me and my innate for-charity-program self).
For someone being unfashionably late in a general meeting, I couldn't get any more moved by their gestures of generosity.

Then again, third year... here I come!

***
I'm currently feeling a bit giddy and scared because the seniors are about to throw a fit tomorrow to all those (including me) who weren't able to attend the NYC Oregon-Oxford Debate. I no longer feel confident that my purportedly valid excuse would pass right under their nose. But I did have work to do. And if I had the time, I would be there.

Ack. Wish us luck tomorrow. We'll all be getting immense scolding.

***
I swore not to be mean anymore to people who never learn from what I say about them.
So I'll keep my mouth shut.

No comments: