Monday, June 26, 2006

Stalking New Writers

Angelo Suarez and Patrick Rosal.

and instantly you want her,
knowing well enough
there isn't any difference really:

that she is you and you are her
as both of you are everyone else,

waiting only to love yourselves

because there is no one else to love.

by Angelo V. Suarez "Everyw(her)e"

***
I haven't posted any word for more than two weeks.
My mind's rotten, and not because I haven't been writing, but because I have lately been succeeding in my attempts to die a slow, painful death due to workalcoholicism -- or whatever that's called.

Last June 11-13, I was in Antipolo to attend a Team-Building Activity / Writing Seminar Series with my College of Science Journal family.
I got to meet Lourd de Veyra, Radioactive Sago Project's frontman and Bernice Roldan, a short story writer from UP. Somehow, it made me think I have been writing nothing but crap ever since I gave in to more than shallow pursuits of defining puppy love (yup, and even through coffee themes). I found out there's a bigger circle of profound Filipino literati's than what Kat and I thought to have been extinct for a long time now.

It wasn't really the usual feeling of being "burned out" that haunted me during those two nights, but the massive attack of a growing wisdom tooth, making me want to get all my teeth jammed in the brink of closing elevator doors.


It was terrible. I couldn't even swallow my own spit.

***
First day of school was a so-so. Not to mention the random guy-hunting a fellow staffer and I did to frustratingly devour ourselves in the presence of fresh and young blood in the college.
Our very unfortunate section got hooked up with terror professors for this semester. Even computer class gave us no room to breathe.

But I love the ire of professors, because it makes me criticize and watch them more if they're really brilliant or just plain for show.

***
Recruitment week (university-wide) was fun. Besides engaging myself to exploring the uninteresting field of sales-talking, I was able to persuade quite a good number of people to join TDC.
I'm loving every bit of my extra-curricular life. And that, not actualizing the big brown monster I saw in the doorsteps of my college building last week.

***
Saved the best for last. I got awfully drunk last Friday at Kuya Mok's pad (Kuya Iggy's birthday).
I drank a glass of Margarita, 8 shots of Tequila and 6 glasses of Baileys and topped it off with a sudden snooze on the couch. I vomitted all over the place.
Ugh.

But I had loads of fun. Even though some part of my hair's still smelling of puke right now.
Thanks for the patience everyone.

No comments: