Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Blast of Neurons

A sudden rush of anxiety. Hmm... I missed training today. My body's not being so cooperative with my schedule demands recently. I called West yesterday to check if I got the job offer. Unfortunately, and after wasting 10 pesos of my money, Kat told me HR's were off work during weekends.
Pfft.

I feel the giddiness to make up for the many weeks I haven't been posting in my blog. Four is a pitiful number, if you ask me. Especially when you take it as a month-long attainment.
Pia sent me a text message last night, telling me such wonderful news. Ate Nizza has sent me a package of three awesome DVDs and another Oguri series! Woohoo.
Just one more: Summer Snow. Better brush up on my contacts.

***
If tardy fate permit that I get a job by next week, I'll surely have problems fitting my training schedule with that of my tournament weeks. For the third week of May, I'll be participating in the UST Intervarisities with Joan and Claire as my teammates. As for the week after that, I'd be adjudicating for Asians. Hrmm.. Or that is if I'm already able to pay my registration fee, which glares at me with a 4-digit amount of Philippine peso.
Mercy.

Yesterday, I also realized how I'm quickly getting old. Not only am I bound to train science and not debate for them anymore, I also get to work with seniors in the debate community. For the past two weeks, we were being trained by no less than Atty. Arlene Maneja, Bar Topnotcher and last Filipino champion of the World Debating Championship.
I roll down the floor - along with lighted incense - for her remarkable brilliance. In Filipino slang "As in!!!". She's so intelligent that when she starts talking you'll start to wonder if you are indeed gifted of a brain, or you're just pretending to be human.
A blast of neurons, as Kat would describe it.
Any debater can't help but glorify her.

***
So hrmm... Since I'm at home (my dad's place), I think I better start working on my book review and English prose.
Work calls.

No comments: