Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Fortune Cookie

Hrmm... So again I am but a neglectful soul.
But a lot of good news.
Just a rundown before I start going on to details here.

First, I got the job in West and shall be starting soon -- come the next batch of trainees.
Second, IV's were great. I ranked 2nd best in all UST contingents. My highest was a 77 from a Singaporean adj.
Third, I am debating for the Asian Universities Debating Championship for UST Team C with Pecto and Marionette as my teammates. I am going to do second.

***
I soon learned about the pending job offer after bombarding West with calls regarding my application status. Soon enough, the barrage paved way and they gave me a call saying I passed the final interview (and to wait for further notice with regard to my job offer).

Stunning.

***
UST Intervarsities, which lasted from last Monday, the 15th, till Tuesday, the 16th, was one hell of a tournament.
Fun. Not to mention, I got smacked with three La Salle teams, and our team almost broke. 9th in the list. Just harsh.

The first round, we were up against DLSU D (with their cute DLO); the motion was about beauty pageants and cosmetic surgery. The usual sickness of being mesmerized, grounded my heart not to air out points of information.

The second round, we lost to DLSU A, by a thin, thin margin and by an unconvincing adjudication. Claire got most upset for having her brilliant argument ignored by the adjudicator. He didn't even say anything about our flaws. DLSU A even preconceded that we won that round.
But hey, no spite.

Last round, wow. DLSU C made me do a breakthrough manner during debate. Really dynamic. Also, we got kicked out of the rooms too soon due to internal problems with the staff. And, well, it was indeed a sad night since we had problems with the Break Night and the room reservations.

PUTA (Philippine Universities Team A) with Bobby, Franco and Carl as contingents, won the finals against ADMU A.

***
Yes. AUDC.
Nothing more to say.
I'm grateful.
And shall be indulging in a crash course for 2nd speaker position soon.

No comments: