Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Stalemate

Accounting for memories of damp July seasons, I realized nothing's stopping rain anytime soon. The good thing about it though, few people use electric fans and aircon units to add to the subzero ambiance within bedrooms and living rooms.
And due to the constant supension of classes, I've become an overgrown addict of Fish Tycoon.

There's this unidentified genre of rock music that's briskly trotting the music channels. Or, hrmm, that'd be you actually appreciating them and not switching to another channel. I labelled them as Disturbed Music. And, quite frantically, after sorting more than 700 MP3s in my files, I realized I have quite a hefty number of them. Try this semi-old song of Massive Attack named Teardrop.

A not-so-sudden uprise of game shows in ABS-CBN bewilders me in some way. Admittedly, I marvel the new format of Game KNB with all the diskarte chips and flamboyant set. I could be wondering just how many gowns are stocked inside Kris' wardrobe for her shows. A part of myself commented on the possible take of a surplus project for the distraught families in Lebanon. After all, she never does a second take.

***
Getting a promotion, and now part of the journal's Editorial Board (as Junior Managing Editor), my EIC told me last week that I needed to write my own column for the paper. I got a random blaze of topics running up and down my head.
I wanted to write about eloquence, politics, rain, good writers, books, and even take on the perspective of drawing indelible lines on sensitive issues. But the thing is, I was never good in common directions, my prose and poetry almost always bordered on the presence of nostalgia, incubus, death, schizophrenia and androgeny. There's nothing mainstream about the way I write. And columns and/or editorials, must communicate, must bridge a gap between the writer and the reader; it must be general, not vague and taunting.

Ack. Help. Tell me what to write.

No comments: