Friday, December 30, 2005

Woman in Chains

It's under my skin but out of my hands
I'll tear it apart but I won't understand
[-Tears for Fears-]

80’s Music. Misunderstood. Subtle. Unchanging.

***
I’m a self-confessed ignoramus. I only found out late last night almost half of my high school barkada have their own blogs. Placed them in the Links, go check them out.

***
It’s hard to make people understand stuff you, yourself, couldn’t fully grasp. And it’s nerve-wracking to hear a hint of disdain from them for not doing so. They would not flip an inch of effort to actually feel your burden.
My head is spinning.

Yesterday, I finished two movies (Sky High and Just like Heaven), half of Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe, and a can of Chunkee corned beef, all by myself. Am not a fan of African literature really. They make me want to sleep, which is the exact reason why I chose to read it at 10 o’clock last night – simultaneous with my using the messenger.

Sigh. Things do fall apart.

Just like Heaven is a feel-good movie. Made me think if lost souls could really, possibly fall in love with an innocent human being. Not to mention, with or without the existence of fate. Pfft. Personal comment: Gotta love the rooftop garden! Had that hint of Zen architecture in it.

Don’t make me talk about Sky High.
Just make sure you’ll have your younger siblings, nephews, nieces, or any toddler, for that matter, while watching the movie. Lest you want to bicker yourself for wasting time.

***
My dad just installed a new software in the PC – one that gives me the freedom to download more music, more movies, more of me.
Heh. He finally concedes to my unstoppable need.

***
When you're dead and one-dimensional, Harry has found, it is easier to walk away from things. Even if you're walking sideways.
[-Amalin-]

No comments: