Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Sheepish and Content

I was finally able to watch Brokeback Mountain last Friday night (and that was after the hilarious performances in Science Week^s variety show). It was a good flick. Wasn^t wasting a single cent from my pocket, or from Carrie^s, that is.

Why are you sleeping on your feet?
I wish I knew how to quit you…
Jack Twist was gay sugarcoat in the making. I just can’t help but love him.
When do you get the chance to be loved by someone so deeply, that even you can^t bear to find the means to unfree yourself from his embrace? I usually choke at cliches, and I never did like the concoction of sheep, sceneries and gay cowboys. But where did it lead me?
Brokeback Mountain. My feet in between the ashes and remains of Ennis and Jack^s memories.

Simply stated, a movie that tells you how identifying love is parallel to accepting the reality of your emotions. How love is never about mainstream sickness, but differences fathomed by the human heart.


***
I remember asking myself, is there a price to pay for wanting more than the ^should-be^?
Indeed, you can never have everything.
No one can.

The last two were, as clairvoyantly said, my last debates. And I doubt at the possibility of future consolations. Even jams are analogous to trash for me these days.
Im happy for having gone this far. For being invited to join TDC, for being part of Science Team A, for being trained as one hell of a whip! Im proud to carry the battle-cry of my college of which that says they, debaters or not, should definitely not argue with us.

God, will I miss the trainings. A month, or probably more, of no blood circulating in my system, no passion to satisfy my inconsistencies. *sigh*

Nikki, Nino, Krista, Allen, Kat, Em, Julius, Carrie, Den-Den, Pecto, Jhunnie, Stephen, Vinz. I could go on for ages if I^d try typing all your names. But just a promise here, we’ll see better debaters next year -- all of us besting each and every unbeliever of our capabilities.
*damn* There goes Dialectics, right past my foresight.

Here’s to unsweetened victory.

No comments: