Monday, February 13, 2006

Splintering in Valentine’s Eve


I get tired easily.
Just because your hands are attached in a way that laces farther than my anonymity. I think of how I’ve grown to revive a ridicule; a satiric verse that’s nothing but a tentative bunch of words to me.
Differences are hindrances. But I beg to clinch at their superb being. The irrationality makes me believe that there are more than just a thousand ways to build a road towards – below and above – who you are. Opposites attract, probably in physics, a course I loathe with all the damages in my brain. Now, where do I place myself?
To see you in the eyes of another’s is but the easiest manifestation. I am insane… and am rudely proud to be one.
But you are refined as glass. I took the breakage, a fracture insignificant to bitterness and passion. Somehow probing into the illusion that you are never here, although everything – including my mind – tells me otherwise.
© Mavy 021306

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hay.. it's so strange. i read your poem thrice, i know i didn't get it the third time i read it, but sobrang familiar! hmm... especially loved the line "...there are more than just a thousand ways to build a road towards... who you are"... hehe pre-vday jitters "...there are more than just a thousand ways to build a road leading to you..."

mavy said...

haha... weirdly done as is it is... alam ko... is this cory? anyhow, it's supposed to be entitled "heartbreak: a day before valentine's" but it sounds too cheesy to match with a queer poem.

something happened a few hours ago that made me write this.. familiar? ermm... is that good or bad? i believe it wasn't a scrap-off from any other work.

thanks dear.

Anonymous said...

familiar in the sense na parang naiintindihan ko haha! kasi it's striking! hit a "nerve" somewhere.. :) oooo.. i wonder what inspired you to write the poem... and yes, it's cory :) happy valentines day!

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.