Saturday, January 28, 2006

Clash of the Day

Another crosstraining. With AB this time – another set of new “friends”. The one yesterday was cancelled due to weather conditions and faulty excuses.
They’re good – I mean the AB debaters. We lost by a margin of .25, all because of a point I didn’t hear and the “clash of the day” that came too late.
Nevertheless, the pressure weighs on as we approach the real debate.
It’s rescheduled to Monday… Much earlier than expected. Please pray for us! Do be supportive friends. *begs*

The Debate Team’s shirts are already made. They’re perfect, just because the black color bites for my bias.

Oh, and Livre2 Concert was postponed (due to the weather, yet again). I think it’ll be moved to first Friday of next month. See you then.
I demand for better bands! But don’t take away Join the Club, PNE and Sugarfree. Hehe.

***
I finished writing my prose for the next Momentum issue. The title’s Envisage. It’s about schizophrenia and a bit of tainted love. I had fun writing it. Mavy’s hoping it gets published.
I’m still down to more poems and two prose. Help me on these. My mind’s cracking, for all the words are fluttered in debate.

Here’s a teaser:

    I figured you were real. Perhaps as real as those colors I once wanted to own. As true as the divisions in those blank silhouettes I’ve once savored with all my worthlessness.
    You are envisage, I wrote.
    And perhaps I am unreal.

Mavy’s proud of herself and is sick of her condescension. Heh.

***
I find that I write about death a lot, yet I lately realized the importance of such. For you to acknowledge that life is beautiful, you have to probe into the opposite of it. Same goes for you loving day once you recognize the gloominess of the dark night.
But death is not really an end, nor a beginning. It is the middle of everything, although the choice for you to go back or not is out of your command. Even so, I believe you have the freewill to remain and wait.
Once someone you love dies, do not think of it as a form of departure. Instead, make of it an opportunity for someone to wait for you so that you’d be reunited again – perhaps even redo the mistakes you made – and an option for you to love each other more.

Death is sudden. Life is tentative. Love is infinite.
Choose where you stand.
And you'd need not worry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mavy. i really really enjoy reading your blogs... and your short poems and your "fragments" like the one you wrote to end this entry... sobrang... left a mark when i read "choose where you stand and you'd need not worry" hehe.. pretty much reminds you of debate (althought I know you don't mean to link both). - cory

Anonymous said...

hey mavy. i really really enjoy reading your blogs... and your short poems and your "fragments" like the one you wrote to end this entry... sobrang... left a mark when i read "choose where you stand and you'd need not worry" hehe.. pretty much reminds you of debate (althought I know you don't mean to link both). - cory

mavy said...

haha... ey cory. thanks. :D haha. i'm happy so far wala pa naman nagpopost ng bad comment dito sa blog ko... haha. subukan lang nila ;) hehe.. u take care.