Saturday, January 07, 2006

Talking in my Sleep

Gotta love cross-training. Hehe. We had one with Commerce Debate Team and TDC Open awhile ago. It was an erudition-experience. I get to adjudicate for the first time. Well, formally, that is.
Franz (former TDC debater, and a very, very good one at that) commended me for the job.

The seminar was well worth the wait. I got new points, as well as motions, to assess at home.
I’m at awe for debaters!

I have a new team, composed of Allen (as 1st), Krista (as 3rd), and I (as 2nd). I love being whip, but Pecto insists that I go constructive. Wish me luck, Dialectics will be on the 28th and 29th of January. My training as 2nd speaker would only be made through for barely a week. We won’t have trainings the week before prelims.
I’d still be doing whip for Crossfire though (around 1st week of February). Can’t be more excited. It is a big privilege to represent Science.
If all goes well for this semester’s competitions, I might tryout for TDC at the start of the next schoolyear. But surely, I won’t leave CSTP, not even the journal.

It’s one way to keep myself busy, and to rally round my mind not to wander off.

We won in Softball today, by the way.
This has to be my lucky day! (Unintentionally made a rhyme here. *smirks*)

***
I need to study hard on my Analytical Chemistry Laboratory lessons. I think I failed the last quiz. Just don’t want my academics to be handled carelessly just because of trainings.
Not that I’m slowly turning into a geek or a workaholic lately. I’m just beginning to devote myself to learning more.

Love only kills, anyhow.

***
If there’s anything I need right now, it’s sleep, and perchance, some time to study. That’d be all.
And for the nth time, I cannot be any more contented with my life than I already am now. Three cheers!

Kat’s an angel! *mwah to you* She’s sending me more of Amalin’s work through mail. Yipee. I’ll post the good ones in my blog, err, that is if they’d all fit here.

I haven’t been reading much lately. I mean literature, obviously. Textbooks won’t leave me be and die their natural death, for the simple reason that they’re non-living.
Nonetheless, I’d be cutting this post short because my eyes are screaming for respite. For idiots who can’t understand, I demand pillows and sheets!

No comments: