Thursday, January 26, 2006

Ruthlessly Beautiful

Sweet… I just publicly proclaimed my failure in my Chem300Lab preliminary exam. What a way to end the prelims week. After six tests of untainted conviction, the seventh just gave me a punch right on the bridge of my nose. Crap.

Yet I have to take un-glory for the unexcused ignorance, because I never really pulled a muscle in preparing for the test. Not even a flinch.

***
Got uneventfully stranded in MiniStop hours ago. Rain poured. Carelessly, ruthlessly.
It reminded me of a lot of things. Rain’s somewhat my aftershock – of all things that rule the dusts left unwept.

I arrived home, a bit sickly and downhearted over the day’s end. I’m plotting for a good offset for the finals.
After a minute or two of pacing around the room (and finishing half of the Prima buttered toasts inside my bag), I decided to watch the Azumi movies (2 parts on DVD) I bought weeks back. I was a bed-potato for four hours straight, beat that!
Nonetheless, no regrets here. The first one was a kick-ass film! The story revolves around the life of an assassin; of bitter times that can be considered pieces of fate.
Personally, it’s one of my favorite action flicks and/or movies, in general, to date. It beated Matrix and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon… and I’m not kidding.
Although Oguri (my actor of choice; just because I love his looks and stance) died quite soon, even before things started firing up. I loved it. No less.

I was particularly left awestruck when the assassins had to kill their own “comrades” to be able to pass their last test and pursue the real mission – to kill the three great warlords. Damn, the concept was beautiful. And that of course is a critique not based on bias – of me liking Oguri or adoring brutality and bloodiness – but on reasonable standards and qualities. ‘Cause you have to know I didn’t quite like the second one. And considering the juicy fact that Oguri was there all throughout the movie’s on-play, you just have to deal with it.
Anyhow, I dare say you’re missing a quarter of your lifespan if you don’t watch it. Oguri’s character name is Nachi, by the way – for legitimacy purposes. *grins*

***
I’m back to training for debate tomorrow afternoon. I’m pressuring myself to work harder as our contenders for the first crossfire match-up all have their own credentials and titles to divinely engrave their names in marble.
I really need your prayers. I’m on the brink of begging you for them, because they’re badly needed. I know how I can be pathetic sometimes but please bear with my idiosyncrasies.

***
The Prima bag has gone empty! Now who stole the cookie from the cookie bag? Ermm... toast, rather.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mavy! I also watched Azumi (part 2 I think) and yeah, basta, ang astig nung movie! :) bloody and gory pero anlupet! haha. la lang sharing :)

-joplanne ;p

mavy said...

hahaha... part 1's more gruesome... favorite ko si ginkaku sa part 2... sya din ung nachi sa part 1... hekhek, cute! luphett ung part 1, panoorin mo! :D