Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Forrest Gump and 100 Ways to Cook a Rotten Egg

Take me back to school, will ya’?

How can I not hate school if it’d mean waking up at 5:30 in the early morning every single day? I end up coming earlier than the sunrise, for crying out loud! Cent fearlessly predicts my being late on first day. I second the motion.

***
Well, well. My first post for the year. I’ve been reading a couple of blogs lately, and I envy their spectacular, brilliant designs. You all know how inept I am when it comes to formatting and shit. Well, cut me some slack, it is black – so me.

More and more people are starting to read my blog, and I really don’t know if I should react gaily, bashfully or hysterically. Special mention to the last three people who pinned their messages on my tagboard: Maja
(I’m missing you a lot.), Mabel (I’m still wondering how you got into my blog. Nevertheless, I saw yours; great work!) and Mico (Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year… It’s been a long time. **smiles almost lifelessly**).
God, did it rain m’s there!

***
So everyone’s writing about their resolutions. I, on the other hand, honestly haven’t thought about one yet.
Well, this is a good start! *grins* Atleast, I’m in the precipice of realizing what I want to make out of my life.

Or maybe not.

***
My sister and I have been aficionadas lately for Kris Aquino’s Pasko na, Game KNB?. And being that she’s very much into culinary and the likes, we got into our own version of the 15-second-game enumerating 100 ways of how to cook an egg. I’m a sucker because I was only fluky enough to mention five.
But, no harm done. Kim (my sister) was only able to give four.
It was only after half an hour that we realized we’re disarraying the game’s mechanics because surely you won’t be able to enumerate all 100 answers in fifteen seconds. Not unless you can actually beat the fastest rapper on earth!

***
Happy New Year! – and I almost forgot that.
I have no wishes, nor hopes for this year, and I wouldn’t want to negate that with a but or an except.

By now, I think we should simmer down on the expectations and desires. Life is made up with spontaneity, and surely we wouldn’t want its existence to spoil our year.
So just take a deep breath and live life both seriously and not-so-seriously. Forrest Gump’s mother’s chocolates don’t have an expiration date. So be patient, and if there’s anything you’d better anticipate, that’d be His special blessings and His undying presence.

There’s a time for everything, contradictory to our parish priest’s saying that life is too short. If it didn’t come, don’t think of it as something not destined for you. Instead, let it be a memoir that’ll hark back far better and more beautiful things, beings, ahead.

Piece of my mind: GOD IS GOOD, ONLY IF YOU GIVE HIM ENOUGH REASON TO BE.

So enjoy 2006, and some words of advice (if you want luck, that is):
Be kind to dogs.

No comments: