Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Affliction of Some Sort

And I told him that pianos were made to know black keys, not to forever embrace white.

Just a New Description I made for my journal. I miss writing creatively.

Im writing like we don^t have two quizzes for our majors tomorrow morning.
Im not in the mood to study right now; my mind is in catharsis -- necessary purgation, please.

Due to utter boredom, I was able to finish reading two books last weekend, not to mention the new fanfics Kat had recommended through spam email.
Philippine publications, Catch a Falling Star
(I forgot the author and am too sluggish to raise my butt from the chair and go find the book inside my room) and Eating Fire and Drinking Water (--again, authorless for now).
Im not really a fan of Philippine books, save for those written by Jessica Zafra and Jessica Hagedorn (this doesn^t even count because her books are published by international companies). If you love for-grade-school-book-reports type of stories, go read the first one. But if you^re the I-feel-intellectual-and-mature type, go grab the second book (I take it as part of the journalistic fiction genre, which of course doesn^t exist).
Or vice-versa.

Yesterday, my EIC spilled me with some bad news. If not for this pending amendment in the CSSC constitution, I could^ve had a better chance of being next schoolyear^s English literary editor. The revision strictly states that a student may only be elected as officer for one organization. And even if the amendment^s yet to be approved, she thinks it fair that either way, she^d need someone who^d be more holistically dedicated in serving the journal. Although I feel I can do both jobs effectively, I didn^t want to pry myself too much for the position. But nonetheless, Im still distressed. More than being an officer in CSTP, I really wanted to be a section editor for the journal. But not that I regret having been inducted as CSTP^s secretary, I just feel it more in my heart to be a sec.ed., that^s all.
So much for having two different passions.

=(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello im fresh on here. I came accross this forum I have found It extremely accessible and its helped me tons. I should be able to contribute and help other users like it has helped me.

Thanks, See You Later.

Anonymous said...

Sup i'm new here. I came upon this board I find It extremely accommodating and it has helped me out so much. I hope to give something back and support others like it has helped me.

Thank You, Catch You Around