Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Paper, Paper, Paper

I am restless yesterday, and even more so today. I just had a couple of meetings last Sunday and Monday with the Thomasian Debaters^ Council as an official member of their organization.
So.. I lately realized how I greatly suck in adjudicating. I had to adjudicate three consecutive rounds of debate (for both days)-- that is me having to criticize people way better than me, and getting thrown with nasty looks saying, ^Oh, you just try..^ But that^s how it is, I am now to be an adj for the Inquirer Inter-collegiate Debate Championship (
and that also means getting a good chance to try-out for a slot in Asians
).

Problems are sprouting like leaves of mongo seeds intoxicated with Giberellic Acid. I need to find money to pay for the registration fee for IIDC, and more money to make me survive the upcoming days of training.
My dad^s being such a pain in the ass for not wanting me to pursue debate (
he says Law is just for my guy cousins -- just how sexist can he get?
). Anyhow, I still have training this afternoon at Kuya Iggy^s place, and I still don^t know where to get money to refrain from scavenging for food there. That is, me, not wanting to depend on others to pamper me all the time, just because I^m a new kid.

***
This heartfelt leap I surrender.
Arms raised tonight.


So, good news. I am now the new English Literary Section Editor for CSJ. I got a call from my EIC last night, and she told me the wonderful news while my mind was already half-asleep. She asked me if I wanted to take the offer, and I was like, ^Hrmm.. Do I have to think about that?.. Okay!^ (
if you know where this line came from, I just love our compatibility!).
So, what to say, opportunities are passing by in a hurricane these days. I only have one problem..
Yes, that.

No comments: