Friday, November 25, 2005

Burn Out, Let Lose

I'm back to my usual "groupie girl" self after watching Marc Abaya and Yael Yuzon perform last night at the Break Out Concert... Mind you, it's the most nerve-wracking, mind-twisting and blood-rising concert I've ever been to, to date... And I'm not lying...

I got Yael's autograph and yet funny how that's not enough to make me shut up even after an hour of exiting the gates of the concert venue in UST... Demn... Now it pays to love your own...

It's a blessing that we came in late for the concert because we missed Cueshe's performance, meaning we didn't have to torture ourselves to their excruciating music...

6 Cycle Mind and Hilera came in next - they're a bunch of Emo Kids... And they're actually good, not to mention they won the recent Nescafe Battle of the Bands...

Then Kjwan, Marc Abaya's band... I've been a self-confessed Marc Abaya luster for some time now... I got to watch him perform live first at my high school in St.Scho... I think I was first year then, and he's still Sandwich's vocalist, now he only occasionaly joins in the gigs of his former band... Ever since, I've already been a fan of his... He has that oozing sex appeal... Totally irresistible...
Last night, he actually noticed us (Ga, Cams and I) about more than thrice... And he even gestured us to come closer during his third "sensual" song... As he said, "You have to imagine..."

I couldn't quite remember who came in next... Nerveline, Sugarfree (who, to my dismay, did not sing Makita Kang Muli... mainly teased us with its chorus and *poof*) Imago, Dicta License and finally, SpongeCola...

I sat right in front of the stage, and directly across Yael when they started performing... It's the best performance of the night, and I say this without bias, because they got everyone singing and jumping from the first song to the last... They sang Lunes, Pare Ko (an original of Eheads, which will be included in their upcoming album), Una, Gemini, KLSP and Jeepney...

After singing Pare Ko, Yael looked at me and I gave him that rocker sign \m/ and smiled... He smiled back...
Damn...
A girl at my back kept yelling "Neon!" (one of the songs in their album) as a request... I wanted to shut her up and say, "What the hell! Of course they won't play that because they haven't even launched that single yet!" Of course I merely ignored her and continued to stare at Yael's ruggedly handsome face...

While Yael was singing Una, only a few knew the lyrics of the song and actually cared to lipsynche with them... And when he saw me actually shouting my way to singing with him in the chorus, he looked at me and smiled, his eyes almost lost in its sparkles...
And then... My world stopped.
Double Damn.
After KLSP, Yael handed over his guitar to one of the crews... I reach out my hand to him and asked for his guitar pick, yet he frowned and quickly apologized for he couldn't give it to me... He still has the MyxMo performance later that same night; he needs it...
After the whole performance, we went out of the auditorium - I, still with a hint of sadness for failing to get Yael's pick... On our way out, we saw a bunch of other students creating a commotion in the other room... When we went close to take a peek, SpongeCola was still there, signing autographs for some of the girls and even taking pictures with them...
Ga, Cams and I got our tickets, and went inside the room... We asked Yael to sign the backside of our tickets... He asked each of our names... From Cams, to Noe-nah (laughs), and finally to me... After getting his autograph, I have to admit I forgot about the rest of the band... We took solo pictures with him and mind you, he's soooooo kind...
When we were about to leave the room, he called my attention and asked, "Were you the one directly in front of me?"
I lost my voice... Triple Damn...
How many times do you actually get a band vocalist to remember you - add to the fact there were more than two hundred of us in the auditorium?
I can't even remember now how I answered that question... All I know is that I left that room, with my feet floating high above the ground...
There. So much for last night...
Yael, Yael... Yael...

No comments: